Hello everyone, my name is Anna and very excited to share my first Minerva Crafts Blogger Network post with you. My first project is a floral print shirt. 
The shirt is a very basic and universal piece of clothing, but at the same time, it is not as easy to find a good fitting and ready to wear one. Plus it’s nice to add a little twist to an elegant blouse by making it out of a pretty floral fabric. 
The pattern I used is Burda Sewing Pattern 7136. It’s quite easy to work with and I didn’t need many adjustments. 
I decided to sew the sleeve placket in a slightly different way, along with making back darts slightly deeper. I also added some front bodice darts because I’m not a big fan of a loose fit. I did them in quite a simple way: I just tried the shirt on, pinned the excess fabric and machine stitched it. And, of course, I changed the button placement suggestion and I highly recommend doing that. 
This way you won’t have that unflattering gap in the bust area. Overall, it’s a nice basic shirt pattern. It’s designed properly and the only issue you might have is that it isn’t a close-fitting one. 
For my project, I’ve chosen the ditsy floral print Cotton Poplin Fabric. It’s very beautiful and so easy to work with. And it’s the perfect fabric for making shirts! I was slightly worried that the print might be too big for this type of garment, but as soon as I saw it in real life I realized that it’s absolutely perfect. 
I decided to sew the contrast shirt one with white cuffs and collar. I think it gives a nice and interesting look, along with helping to avoid the “Hawaiian shirt” style. 
I’m quite happy with the shirt. It’s exactly what I wanted: a good fit, pretty fabric, and classic design. I’m wearing it with my Burda pencil skirt, you can see more pictures of that on my blog.
Merry Christmas everyone and I wish you a happy new year full of gorgeous sewing projects.