Rusty orange and black are two of my favourite colour combinations. I could wear rusty orange or mustard every day of the week and be a very happy camper! So when I spotted this floaty printed fabric on Minervas site I knew it would make an amazing blouse. Blouses are something I need to make more of, so I was excited to try a new print and make a pattern I knew would work for me. I did fall down the Minerva rabbit hole of viscose fabrics during my search for a nice blouse fabric and feel that all of these would make wonderful gathered detail blouses. The black and white spotty one is just beautiful, I am tempted by a gathered tiered maxi dress in that fabric. Anyway, back to the fabric at hand!
I chose a pattern that I know well, having made numerous iterations in the past. The Matcha blouse has options for sleeves or a sleeveless view. I have made both in the past, and given the lovely autumnal vibe of this fabric I thought it would transition well into Autumn if I made it with sleeves. I think the pattern is best sewn up in a floaty fabric which likes gathering. The neckline of the Matcha blouse is heavily gathered into the collar piece, so a bulky fabric might not hang quite as well. I have made a viscose dress using the Atelier Brunette challis from Minerva previously, and I think the weight of that fabric would work brilliantly with the Matcha top too.
The fabric was very easy to work with when cutting with a rotary cutter. It might be a little fiddly when cutting with scissors unless you pin well (which I am never patient enough to do!!). I didn't even need to interface the collar stand because the fabric has quite a nice heavier end of lightweight feel. It drapes beautifully as you can see with the centre back gathers on the garment. 
The sleeves are a great length, they are nice and loose and floaty, but not so long as to get in the way of day-to-day tasks! The perfect option for those wanting sleeves but also wanting a practical wardrobe. 
Thanks to Vicki and the Minerva team for supplying the fabric used in this project!