Posted on Friday the 9th May 2014 by Paunett
As I also said in my last post for the Blogger Network, I wasn't really over the moon about my last three posts. I put them together with the intention of trying new materials and going a little out of the box, but it turns out that when you have a deadline and you can't dedicate too much time to these projects, experimenting is not a great idea.
So while putting together the following three projects, I decided to go back to basics: to my favourite fabric, cotton (cotton lawn
in particular) and my favourite type of garment, dresses.
The pattern is used is the Emery dress by Christine Haynes
, which is one of my tried and true ones. This pattern is well drafted, simple to make and has great instructions. And it has pockets, too! :D I cut a size 6 and I made a 1,5cm FBA.
There's not a lot to say about construction, because, as I mentioned, the instructions are pretty straightforward. I particularly like the way the collar is constructed, because it makes it so much easier to perfectly match it at the centre front. The only change I made I didn't line the bodice, so I finished the neckline with self-made bias tape.
As anticipated, this dress might not be earth-shattering, but it fits perfectly in my wardrobe and I feel happy wearing it, which is a win-win.