For this month's Minerva project I decided to plan ahead for the autumn when choosing the fabric for my blog project, and to look at gaps in my wardrobe. 
I finally decided on a hoodie as I always seem to feel the cold and my wardrobe was lacking in this dept.
Anyway I spotted this beautiful Loopback Sweatshirt Fabric and knew right away what I would use it for.
I took a chance on the Tilly and the Buttons Stella Hoodie pattern from the book STRETCH, as it fitted the cosy bill with the nice fitting hood and kangaroo pocket.
So I ordered 2 metres, looking at the size chart I came up as a size 5, plus extra for the pocket piece, I guessed 2 metres would cover it.
A few days after my selection was confirmed the postman delivered the parcel, I couldn't wait to open it, I was not disappointed, the fabric has a beautiful feel to it.
The fabric is so soft and snuggly, l love the colour, it's what I would call a dark silver grey, it's scattered with a lovely ditsy print of colourful little flowers, very Cath Kidston style.
Off I went to trace the pattern and gather up the other notions I needed to make it up.
Luckily I also found a shoe lace in the same shade for the hood.
One of the things about the fabric that delighted me when cutting this fabric was the non shred, yep you heard right, last time I used some loop back sweat shirting from another supplier, it shred like mad and was all over the place, not this one though, it was fantastic to cut.
Another plus for the fabric is that it behaved very well under the sewing machine and overlocker.
This was such a wonderful and pleasurable sew, fabulous quality fabric and easy pattern
I do love the stretch book and have not been disappointed with any of the projects that I have made so far.
For once the sleeves came up perfect, I usually have to make adjustments on other patterns.
The hood came together nicely, I have never sewn a hood before but the instructions were nice and clear with plenty of pictures.
I also like the fit of the hood.
I overcame my fear of buttonholes as well, luckily they came out right the 1st time. ( I did practice on a scrap first though).
I pondered over which fabric to use to line the hood with as I initially wanted something in the same colour as one of the flowers in the pattern, I found some pinky peach jersey but unfortunately I didn't have enough in my scraps bin. I finally settled on some stripe jersey that I think complements the hoodie nicely.
From tracing the pattern, cutting the fabric pieces, sewing the pattern up, I think it took me a couple of days on and off, I wanted this to be a stress free slow sew, and it certainly was, perfect pattern and perfect fabric.
This fabric would also be great for children's garments or even babies, that's how soft it feels, go on treat yourself!
Thanks for reading,