Hello everyone! My name is Bianca, I usually blog on www.sleeplessinbavaria.com and I am 
absolutely thrilled to be the new kid on the block of the MCBN! 
When I was contemplating on my first three projects, I decided I wanted to push my skillset with every make and make a conscious effort to make classic pieces, that I will reach for again and again.
Which is why my first project I the Vogue 8825 in the most fabulous green Ponte Roma Fabric.
When the fabric first arrived I thought it was a bit too green, (LOL, I have no words for this, really!) luckily the wrong side of the fabric is a wonderful dark green shade, that I fell in love with the moment I first saw it. The pattern itself, refers to itself as “very easy” something I, as someone who rarely works with jersey - simply refused to believe.
You see, my overlocker and I are more enemies than friends. She likes to chew up my fabric or break needles and thread or just refuses to start at all!! THE HORROR!!! I decided, that perhaps we got off on the wrong foot and gave her a spa, new overlocker needles, some oil and of course vacuuming all the lint out of compartment with all the hooks and such. I think she might have really like that, as there were NO ISSUES at all, when I sat down and sewed up this dress.
As Big 4 patterns generally run large, I sized down and made the dress in a size 12 with no alterations. The fit is really good, right out of the envelope, the only thing I would change is cutting the length of the cuffs in half. I currently just turn the cuff inwards, or else the sleeves are too long. But to be honest it’s a quick fix that I might just make in the coming days. I sewed everything on my machine first and finished the raw seams on my overlocker. I’m a big fan of matching my overlocker thread to the fabric I use, as I think it makes the garment look more professional. 
I love the neckline of the dress with the very flattering pleats in the front. The facings are grown on pieces that fold inside the bodice and only need to be stitched in place in the back part of the bodice. I chose to do this by hand, as I always worry about wonky topstitching when working with jersey! 
I really liked the straight forward construction of the dress, the way you insert the front sleeve into the front bodice is quite different from anything I have ever done and I am really impressed with it. I think it took me about 3 hours to cut out and sew up with dress and I agree with McCalls, it really is a very easy dress to make up.
Needless to say, I’ve worn this dress to the office already and I see more of these in the near future. I really would like to make a navy one, a black one and a grey one in the coming months! If you’ve been afraid to work with jersey before, I really recommend this pattern and the Ponte I used, as it is nice and thick and doesn’t wiggle around while you’re working with it.