Hello all! 

This is my second Tilly and the Buttons Cleo. I saw this striped whale embroidered Seersucker Fabric on the Minerva website and thought it would make the perfect whimsical pinafore dress. 

When the fabric arrived I realised that it was really too light for this type of structured dress, although it would be a perfect weight for a shirt. I wasn't going to give up on my vision that easily though, so I backed the fabric with Calico to give it a bit of weight. This just meant that I cut the front and back pieces out twice, once in the seersucker and once in calico. I didn't back the straps or the facings because there wasn't any need to add unnecessary bulk.

I cut the front and back pieces on the fold again, like I did with my previous Cleo. I did hem this one a tad longer. I think that the longest part of the process is probably sewing down the facing, understitching and then topstitching, but when that's done you're pretty much at the finish line.

I used Upholstery Thread for the topstitching around the edge of the bib and the hem to just give it a bit of weight and depth.

All in all, it's a very happy dress and I look forward to the weather warming up so that I can wear it all the time!

Thank you very much for reading, to Edward for dragging his camera around Nottingham so we could take some pictures and to Minerva Crafts for supplying the materials in this project.

Lauren xx