Windflowers Collection - Easy Pillow Slip
Posted on Wednesday the 16th December 2015 by Camelot Fabrics
Difficulty - 1/5
Time to Make - 2-3 hrs
Finished Size - Regular, Queen, or King Size Pillows
- Please wash, dry & iron your fabric before beginning.
- Unless otherwise noted, sew all seams with a 1/2” seam allowance.
- The pillowcase is sized to fit regular bed pillows as follows: Standard (Queen, King). Where
no brackets are used, the piece is the same size for all three types of pillow.
1. Cut a 26” (32”, 38”) x 36” rectangle from your Main fabric.
2. Cut a 9” x 36” rectangle from your Accent fabric.
3. Cut a 2” x 36” strip from your Edging fabric. Fold this strip in half lengthwise and press the
1. Baste the long raw edge of the Edging to one 36” edge of the Main fabric, against the
Right Side of the Main fabric. Use a 1/4” seam allowance.
2. Sew the Accent fabric to the Main fabric along the same edge, with the Edging
sandwiched between them. Press your seam allowace toward the Main fabric, with the
Edging lying toward the Accent fabric on the pillowcase’s Right Side.
3. Fold the work in half with the Right Sides together, so that the ends of the Edging meet
each other. Sew the bottom and side of the pillowcase, backstitching at either end of the
seam, but leave the top open as shown. Clip your sewn corners and press the seams open.
4. With the pillowcase still inside-out, turn back & press a 1/2” hem at its open end, Wrong
Sides together. Hand-stitch the hemmed edge to the seam allowance where your Accent
fabric, Edging and Main fabric are joined.
5. Turn the pillowcase Right Side out and slip it over your pillow.